Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 37 Beta Adds The Dialog Tag, Other Changes

Phoronix: Chrome 37 Beta Adds The Dialog Tag, Other Changes

Google has put out the first beta of their Chrome 37 web-browser for all major platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I cannot wait to test out the <dialog> tag when Chrome 27 comes out of beta, but I might hold out until other browsers such as Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (oh, who cares? Oh, wait -- I do have to support old browsers such as IE8 -- nevermind). I'd love to take advantage of all the features in HTML5 and CSS3.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      I cannot wait to test out the <dialog> tag when Chrome 27 comes out of beta, but I might hold out until other browsers such as Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (oh, who cares? Oh, wait -- I do have to support old browsers such as IE8 -- nevermind). I'd love to take advantage of all the features in HTML5 and CSS3.
      You can start using the the <dialog> element immediately, then use a JavaScript shim as a legacy fallback for web browsers that don't support it.

Comment

Working...
      X