Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ownCloud 7 Brings Server-To-Server Sharing

Phoronix: ownCloud 7 Brings Server-To-Server Sharing

The seventh version of ownCloud has been released this morning with some interesting new features for this personal, open-source cloud software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What I would like to have is a centralized password manager built into ownCloud as I have no interest in LastPass and don't want my passwords stored in LastPass' server, even though passwords are encrypted.

I currently have KeePass2 running in Linux in the meantime. At least I can store my key file and database in my ownCloud server hosted in my VPS.

Comment

Good improvements.

ownCloud, your file platform. The most essential business tool for enterprise-grade file sync and share.

Like the improvements, especially the speed improvements.

Love the new files view options.

The mobile web browser support is very welcome.

The improved document capabilities are interesting.
      Online collaborative software is the future of office documents editing.

Love the External Storage Access.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
        What I would like to have is a centralized password manager built into ownCloud as I have no interest in LastPass and don't want my passwords stored in LastPass' server, even though passwords are encrypted.

I currently have KeePass2 running in Linux in the meantime. At least I can store my key file and database in my ownCloud server hosted in my VPS.

The great thing about lastpass is it's superb multiplatform/browser support.
        That said, if someone released an open source key management system that's as easy to user as lastpass I'd switch in a sec.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post

You can try this new app: http://apps.owncloud.com/content/sho...c551f97edb2ddc

Comment

Working...
          X