Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.4 Going Into Feature Freeze Next Week With Exciting Changes

Phoronix: Qt 5.4 Going Into Feature Freeze Next Week With Exciting Changes

The Qt 5.4 feature freeze is set to go into effect on 8 August with already there being a large number of changes for this next major Qt5 tool-kit release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also Qt5.4 solve many problems with Breze (new KDE KWin decorations), OpenGL, and Wayland.

Overall big win for KDE Foundations 5 and Plasma Next.

Comment

But still no HDPI suport on Linux. Qt applications look horrible on retina display

Comment

Originally posted by MadWatch View Post
        But still no HDPI suport on Linux. Qt applications look horrible on retina display
        Really? I could have sworn that was one of the features a few releases ago (5.1 or 5.2). Guess my memory is playing tricks on me

Comment

I'm sure both of the users this affects will be gutted

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            I'm sure both of the users this affects will be gutted
            There are quite a few ultrabooks with ridiculously high DPIs now, from most of the major manufacturers. Within a year or so it'll be a significant requirement, so Qt needs to get support in now, so that things built on it will be ready in time.

Comment

The ability is there, there is just really no standard to follow. Qt will automatically follow DPI for text, anything beyound that applications still need to set manually using either device pixel ratio or scaling transforms.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                Also Qt5.4 solve many problems with Breze (new KDE KWin decorations), OpenGL, and Wayland.

Overall big win for KDE Foundations 5 and Plasma Next.
                I also look forward to this release since it will greatly improve the rekonq browser

Comment

KDE 5's HiDPI is actually not too bad if properly configured. There are only a few applications that don't play nice (Chrome/Intellij) that I have noticed).

Comment

Did you try Chrome 38?
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X