Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Redux Is Looking Fantastic

Phoronix: Metro Redux Is Looking Fantastic

Metro: Last Light on Linux has been amazing penguin gamers with the visual clarity and AAA game-play. Since May we've been excited over 4A Games working on a "Redux" game with Linux support. Metro Redux incorporates Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light and should be another amazing hit for Linux gamers later this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why does Steam no longer advertise this as a Linux/Mac game?

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
      Why does Steam no longer advertise this as a Linux/Mac game?
      The redux isn't coming out for OS X, I believe. At least that's what I understood reading the community forums.
      The Linux version is supposed to be a proper, good port. It will hopefuly come at a later date this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
        The redux isn't coming out for OS X, I believe. At least that's what I understood reading the community forums.
        The Linux version is supposed to be a proper, good port. It will hopefuly come at a later date this year.
        One of the reps from their publisher told me on GAF that this time around it should be indistinguishable from the Windows release.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
          One of the reps from their publisher told me on GAF that this time around it should be indistinguishable from the Windows release.
          Even the ELF binary will have a .exe extension added?

Comment

After seeing how cruddy the metro:ll port was I think Ill give this one a miss.

Comment

Metro Last Light was/is fun to play but unless 2033 is quite different I might dismiss it. I've enough games alike while at the time mostly playing Wolfenstein Last Order in Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                Metro Last Light was/is fun to play but unless 2033 is quite different I might dismiss it. I've enough games alike while at the time mostly playing Wolfenstein Last Order in Wine.
                What do you mean by "quite different"? As far as gameplay is concerned they're very similar of course. Both are 3D shooters set in a post-nuclear world. But since they're storydriven the content is completely different.

They represent a continuous storyline, with Metro 2033 being the first part and Metro:LL the second part of the same story. Both are based on Dmitri Alexejewitsch Gluchowski's Metro 2033 series of books, but since Metro:LL deviates from the book too much they couldn't name it Metro 2034 (after the second book in the series).

Comment

Working...
                X