Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.17 Doesn't Do Much For AMD Kaveri's Graphics Performance

Phoronix: Linux 3.17 Doesn't Do Much For AMD Kaveri's Graphics Performance

Following yesterday's RadeonSI Gallium3D vs. Catalyst comparison using the new AMD A10-7800 Kaveri APU with Radeon R7 Graphics, I then upgraded to the latest Git code for the Linux 3.17 kernel to look for performance changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Try a discrete card

I know there was a change with the way memory is allocated on the gpu that should provide speedups, but i guess APU's aren't affected since they all just use system memory for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      I know there was a change with the way memory is allocated on the gpu that should provide speedups, but i guess APU's aren't affected since they all just use system memory for everything.
      Discrete card testing will come later.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Micheal, did you try playing with vm_block_size parameter? I see +2-3% on Kabini set on 12, but someone says he sees +7% with 12...so maybe some configurations like this even more .

Comment

Working...
        X