Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Is Hiring To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

Phoronix: Red Hat Is Hiring To Work On Open-Source GPU Drivers

Those wishing to work for one of the best open-source companies while focusing on improving open-source Linux graphics drivers, Red Hat has an opening...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm 99% sure this is about nouveau - it's still severely lacking (reclocking/fan management).

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      I'm 99% sure this is about nouveau.
      sponsoring hostile manufacturers is a shame

Comment

To be honest, I wish people would focus on the FOSS AMD drivers. Then when AMD is the only choice for Linux, Nvidia will finally realise they've screwed up with their attitude.

Of course, I know that's not how the world works, but I'll try to buy second hand Nvidia hardware to avoid them getting a sale.

Regarding the article. I think this is about both vendors. If it's only about Nouveau, I'll get mad.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          sponsoring hostile manufacturers is a shame
          I wonder if Red Hat is trying to use its bulk to try to get Nvidia to open up.

Regardless, it is true that it seems ridiculous Red Hat is funding Nouveau, when they should be putting those devs behind the companies actually participating and letting Nvidia flounder until they realize their mistake sometime in the twenty second century.

Comment

ATI sucks.

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
            To be honest, I wish people would focus on the FOSS AMD drivers. Then when AMD is the only choice for Linux, Nvidia will finally realise they've screwed up with their attitude.

Of course, I know that's not how the world works, but I'll try to buy second hand Nvidia hardware to avoid them getting a sale.

Regarding the article. I think this is about both vendors. If it's only about Nouveau, I'll get mad.
            deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
              deal with it.
              Look, kid. I just described to you how I dealt with it. I know puberty makes you feel tough, but please lay it off, it's annoying.

Also, they're not ATI anymore, and they don't suck. Their hardware is just as capable as Nvidia's, they're just slacking with software outside of the Windows platform. But they're helping open source, which makes them better than Nvidia in my book.

Have a nice day, kid.

Comment

Good news for us ! I just hope they don't hiring because somebody left... That said, I think they are just two in the Red Hat Graphic team (D. Airlie and J. Glisse) ?

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                I'm 99% sure this is about nouveau - it's still severely lacking (reclocking/fan management).
                I'm 100% sure you're wrong. They posted a job offer about working on the whole graphic stack. Why do you want they lie about the true job ?

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
                  Good news for us ! I just hope they don't hiring because somebody left... That said, I think they are just two in the Red Hat Graphic team (D. Airlie and J. Glisse) ?
                  You can count Ben Skeggs and Rob Clark too, for the pure graphics side.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
                    You can count Ben Skeggs and Rob Clark too, for the pure graphics side.
                    Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Working...
                    X