GNOME 3.14 Beta Makes GLSL Optional, Supports Wayland Gesture/Touch Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.14 Beta Makes GLSL Optional, Supports Wayland Gesture/Touch Events

Phoronix: GNOME 3.14 Beta Makes GLSL Optional, Supports Wayland Gesture/Touch Events

For the upcoming GNOME 3.13.90 release are updates to GNOME Shell and Mutter that bring a few notable last-minute changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Where do I find Ubuntu version that will include these changes? Will it land in daily or Beta 1? Will it be for ARM version only or for x86, too? I'm thinking of using Ubuntu on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and I'me eager for all the goodies necessary for tablet operation to land there, but I'm afraid that the develpers have ARM platforms in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickolai View Post
      Where do I find Ubuntu version that will include these changes? Will it land in daily or Beta 1? Will it be for ARM version only or for x86, too? I'm thinking of using Ubuntu on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and I'me eager for all the goodies necessary for tablet operation to land there, but I'm afraid that the develpers have ARM platforms in mind.
      This PPA will be used to test uploads before they are uploaded to the main archive for the coming Release. === *WARNING* === The packages here have been deemed not ready for general use, they have known bugs and/or regressions, sometimes of a critical nature. Mostly things should run smoothly but be prepared to use ppa-purge, when you encounter issues! If they break your system, you get to keep both halves. === Installing === To use this PPA, you should enable the main GNOME3 PPA. - You n...

This ppa seems to be up to date with the latest version like Arch

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
        https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+...gnome3-staging

Since Ubuntu didn't ship with Gnome 3.10 in 13.10 and not with Gnome 3.12 in 14.04 despite both being released after Gnome was released, it's unlikely that you'll see Gnome 3.14 in Ubuntu 14.10.

Comment

https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+...gnome3-staging

Thanks! It says
          To use this PPA, you should enable the main GNOME3 PPA
          Which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
            Since Ubuntu didn't ship with Gnome 3.10 in 13.10 and not with Gnome 3.12 in 14.04 despite both being released after Gnome was released, it's unlikely that you'll see Gnome 3.14 in Ubuntu 14.10.
            So just use that ppa

Comment

So just use that ppa
              The PPA also didn't have the up to date version of Gnome at that time. It took some time for them to catch up.

Comment

wait one week

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                The PPA also didn't have the up to date version of Gnome at that time. It took some time for them to catch up.
                wait one week after stable launch of gnome 3.14

Comment

I wonder if 3.14 will address the "memory leak" in gnome-shell once and for all.. seeing the process hit 2gb and having to alt+r every day to make my desktop usable again is kind of a bummer...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelSerious View Post
                    I wonder if 3.14 will address the "memory leak" in gnome-shell once and for all.. seeing the process hit 2gb and having to alt+r every day to make my desktop usable again is kind of a bummer...
                    Which bugreport is this tracked in?

Comment

Working...
                    X