Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.3 Branched & RC1 Released, Mesa 10.4 On Master

Phoronix: Mesa 10.3 Branched & RC1 Released, Mesa 10.4 On Master

For those hoping Mesa 10.3 would reach OpenGL 4.0 core compliance and thus the version bumping to Mesa 11.0, that didn't happen in time. Mesa 10.3 has now been branched from master and Mesa 10.3 RC1 issued...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

=)

with some lucky at the end of year we have opengl 4.2 and next year 4.5 ready

Comment

For those that prefer not to compile Mesa from source, which is the preferred way to install the latest stable version of Mesa on Ubuntu (ppa, that is).

E.g. suppose I would like to install 10.3 when it would be released, not the latest 10.4/11 from git.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickolai View Post
        For those that prefer not to compile Mesa from source, which is the preferred way to install the latest stable version of Mesa on Ubuntu (ppa, that is).

E.g. suppose I would like to install 10.3 when it would be released, not the latest 10.4/11 from git.
        When Ubuntu 14.10 will be released, the graphic stack will be backported to Ubuntu 14.04 repositories.

Comment

It is just great what Intel is doing with their Open Source Technology Center and others by delivering good FOSS drivers. This is why I'd always buy Intel (if possible or makes sense to do so) hardware. Their Xeon Phi is AFAIK not very fast in crypto/integer stuff/hashing (hashcat)? Too bad, otherwise, if it would be a proper FirePro/Quadro or even to consumer price (not likely I know) hardware replacement for similar price, I'd buy it and support them (simply because of their positive policy towards FOSS).

Comment

wow I really hope fedora includes mesa 10.3 into next release.

Else it would be outdated from day 1.

I dont really get how fedora chooses what to include, in fedora 19 was mesa 9.2rc1 or rc2 so why not this time?

I also dont get why they dont include window managers like qtile and clfswm or if its to new stumpwm. At least qtile should be as interesting as example i3-wm if not more.

emacs 24.4 package would be nice too. maybe I have to switch (back) to archlinux. in the past fedora did much very right (faster mesa 9.2 faster compiled xbmc 13...) but that seems to change.

redhat should desite what fedora is supposed to be fish(dummy distro) or meat (geek bleeding edge developer distro). It kind of hits none of this 2 for me 100%.

That said fedora is still one of the 2-3 distros.

Comment

Working...
            X