Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E19 Lands Its New Wayland Compositor Code

Phoronix: Enlightenment E19 Lands Its New Wayland Compositor Code

Enlightenment fans can celebrate today that the big Enlightenment compositor work has been merged to mainline Enlightenment ahead of the upcoming E19 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

and paging Scimmia

Comment

Is there Xwayland DDX in this compositor already?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        Is there Xwayland DDX in this compositor already?
        There is a module in a different branch https://git.enlightenment.org/core/e...horns/xwayland

Not sure if this works properly.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          There is a module in a different branch https://git.enlightenment.org/core/e...horns/xwayland

Not sure if this works properly.
          I don't think it does... I tried it when the xwayland branch was created... didn't have much luck

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
            I don't think it does... I tried it when the xwayland branch was created... didn't have much luck
            Does the rest of it (E on pure WL) works OK?

Comment

Does the rest of it (E on pure WL) works OK?
              Many of the DE elements work, but last I tried some Wayland cleints didn't work, however I did not try it in about week or so and there were some newer commits since then that night have fixed it... The branch that got merged cleaned up a good number of issues though, and it is making good progress IMHO.

I also had to work around an issue where the screen size isn't detected, and treats it all screens like 1920*1200, but there is a commit in EFL today that looks like it might fix it. I'm running my builds scripts now, so I can test that...

Comment

<snip>
                and paging Scimmia

Comment

Fuck yes!

Not yes but...well, you get the idea.

Comment

Thank you very much.

It doesn't work for me in Vbox. When i run the script it seems like it goes into a loop. The journal showed a segfault related to libexcore.

Comment

Working...
                    X