Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox 32 Surfaces With HTML5, Developer Changes

Phoronix: Mozilla Firefox 32 Surfaces With HTML5, Developer Changes

If you checkout the Mozilla FTP servers tonight the official 32.0 builds have surfaced for the Firefox web-browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting title

Typically,

this
    Mozilla Firefox 32 Surfaces With HTML5, Developer Changes
    makes zero sense.

However,

Mozilla Firefox 32 Surfaces With HTML5 and Developer Changes
    or

Mozilla Firefox 32 Surfaces With HTML5/Developer Changes
    both make absolute sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Typically

Grammarian usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

Comment

Typically,

this

makes zero sense.

However,

or

Remember, actually caring about prose and clarity doesn't have a high-enough ROI, apparently.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if there were any Media Source Extensions improvements.

Comment

Typically,

this

makes zero sense.

However,

or

You must not read much news. This is a pretty standard way of reducing characters in article titles. It reads badly but it's not unusual by any means. I used to write news articles and the editors would always butcher my titles this way.

Comment

These performance improvements are huge. Hopefully, it'll allow Firefox to regain some of its lost marketshare and hold it over until servo is eventually ready to replace gecko. I know there's no official plans for it, but you gotta figure that they hope they might make the change in a couple of years or so.

They are still working on MSE, btw. It may be a while before they are completed. Probably next year.

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
                You must not read much news. This is a pretty standard way of reducing characters in article titles. It reads badly but it's not unusual by any means. I used to write news articles and the editors would always butcher my titles this way.
                Well, the third options (which is still correct) has the fewest number (least amount of? This is where me not being a native English speaker gets annoying. But since it's a countable value, and not amount as in "mass/volume" I guess it's "fewer") of characters, so that's the best choice for everybody then.

EDIT: Yes, it seems to be the correct choice.

fewness n.
                Usage Note: The traditional rule holds that fewer should be used for things that can be counted (fewer than four players), while less should be used with mass terms for things of measurable extent (less paper; less than a gallon of paint). However, less is used in some constructions where fewer would occur if the traditional rule were being followed. Less than can be used before a plural noun that denotes a measure of time, amount, or distance: less than three weeks; less than $400; less than 50 miles. Less is sometimes used with plural nouns in the expressions no less than (as in No less than 30 of his colleagues signed the letter) and or less (as in Give your reasons in 25 words or less).
                Last edited by Azpegath; 02 September 2014, 04:11 AM.

Comment

I would like to go 1 week without seeing a single conversation in the comment section that is irrelevant to the news article.

Comment

WebGL still not working out of the box for r600. You have to force it

Comment

Working...
                    X