Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSoC 2014 Yielded Some Improvements For Mesa/X.Org This Year

Phoronix: GSoC 2014 Yielded Some Improvements For Mesa/X.Org This Year

Google's annual Summer of Code project ended last month and I've been meaning to write a brief update about the work done by the student open-source developers on their X.Org-related work...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the recap Michael, I wanted to write one, but I'm swamped right now.

Some more information:
    • Aleksandr Mezin got failed because he did not share his work and did not involve his mentor. He had a risky project and google gave us more slots than we hoped for, so we accepted it.
    • Markus Wick apparently produced work up until the mid-term review but found an internship and dropped the project altogether...
    • Finally, we have no news from Fabian Bieler. He was doing a great job and was very involved but we stopped hearing from him very suddenly. We hope he is fine but we really wonder what could have happened to him!

Thank you to all the students who succeeded, we are looking forward to hearing your talk at XDC2014 in Bordeaux!

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
      Thanks for the recap Michael, I wanted to write one, but I'm swamped right now.

Some more information:
      • Aleksandr Mezin got failed because he did not share his work and did not involve his mentor. He had a risky project and google gave us more slots than we hoped for, so we accepted it.
      • Markus Wick apparently produced work up until the mid-term review but found an internship and dropped the project altogether...
      • Finally, we have no news from Fabian Bieler. He was doing a great job and was very involved but we stopped hearing from him very suddenly. We hope he is fine but we really wonder what could have happened to him!

Thank you to all the students who succeeded, we are looking forward to hearing your talk at XDC2014 in Bordeaux!
      Ah okay, thanks for the info, updated the article. Too bad more of them didn't blog this year like in past years.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Ah okay, thanks for the info, updated the article. Too bad more of them didn't blog this year like in past years.
        I agree, I should have been more insistent about blog posts. I'll have more time next year, if I get re-elected and the board lets me handle it again.

Comment

Wacom + Wayland = niiiiiiiice.

Comment

Working...
          X