Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 80GB 530 Series M.2 SSD On Linux

Phoronix: Intel 80GB 530 Series M.2 SSD On Linux

Our latest solid-state storage Linux benchmarking at Phoronix is looking at Intel's 530 Series SSD within the M.2 form factor.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

C720 only accepts m.2(242 format) FYI, I have a mydigitalssd 120gb in my c720, going to run this benchmark on it when I get home.

Fwiw, I paid less for my 120gb than that 80gb.

Comment

Intel 530 m.2

I bought one of these when I built my ASUS Z97-Pro system a couple of months ago. It's the main boot drive, with GPT partitoning and Ubuntu 14.4 installed in EFI mode. Works fine, no operational issues noted.

Although my motherboard supports SATA express (10 Gb/s) through the M.2 socket, the series 530 device has a 6 Gbs SATA III interface and does not take advantage of the extra bandwidth available, if I understand things correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
        C720 ...
        ???
        What is a "C720"?

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
          I bought one of these when I built my ASUS Z97-Pro system a couple of months ago. It's the main boot drive, with GPT partitoning and Ubuntu 14.4 installed in EFI mode. Works fine, no operational issues noted.

Although my motherboard supports SATA express (10 Gb/s) through the M.2 socket, the series 530 device has a 6 Gbs SATA III interface and does not take advantage of the extra bandwidth available, if I understand things correctly.
          That's a shame, I've become rather bored with SSD benchmarks, and I'm looking forward to seeing some without the SATA3 limitation. I'm very interested in seeing how SSDs hooked up through PCIe perform. Hopefully it'll make the SSD benchmarks less humdrum than they are currently.

What is a "C720"?
          I think they are referring to a fairly popular Chromebook model (from Toshiba IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            ... I think they are referring to a fairly popular Chromebook model (from Toshiba IIRC).
            Thank you.
            Not so popular here in Germany. It is from Acer btw.

Comment

Working...
            X