Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server Shatter Project Fails

Phoronix: X.Org Server Shatter Project Fails

As some more unfortunate X.Org news tonight besides the very low turnout thus far for the X.Org OPW women project, the latest attempt at Shatter support for the X.Org Server failed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

probably wouldn't have failed if they weren't sexist

Comment

Shatter goes in the shitter

Comment

I really wish this produced enough documentation that the project can be resumed by someone else later. Shatter is a neat idea but I'd expect it to take multiple incremental attempts like this due to complexity

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          I really wish this produced enough documentation that the project can be resumed by someone else later. Shatter is a neat idea but I'd expect it to take multiple incremental attempts like this due to complexity
          Exactly. Excpecting a student (which could of course mean anything, Airlie could take a course now and become a student) to finish such a big and advanced project is probably asking a bit much. I hope they continue the work!
          But what about the deprecation of Xorg, will Shatter be useful in wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
            It's stupid to concentrate on her gender, when the fact is that project Shatter was both massive and complicated.
            Also it's funny to see do nothings complain about some else work.
            RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Why do people even care about Xorg any more we have Wayland and Xwayland working in opensource Drivers

Comment

It was being done by a man.

Comment

Good job adding an issue where the was none.

Anyway, while shatter would've been nice, I really wish people would stop focusing on adding/improving to X.Org. I'm all for patching it, but I feel we really need to focus on getting wayland out to the users.

Comment

Working...
                  X