Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tizen Smartphones Reported To Launch In November

Phoronix: Tizen Smartphones Reported To Launch In November

It looks like Tizen smartphones might finally see the light of day later in the year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally! If they release a low end phone. I will buy it. If they release a medium phone with Tizen, I will buy it. And the same counts for the high end

Comment

only in Indiana?

The article says "Tarun Malik says that the company plans to introduce Tizen-based devices to the Indiana market in November."

That makes no sense to me. Why not release the phone in all 50 states? What is so special about the state of Indiana?

Comment

Originally posted by tidris View Post
        The article says "Tarun Malik says that the company plans to introduce Tizen-based devices to the Indiana market in November."

That makes no sense to me. Why not release the phone in all 50 states? What is so special about the state of Indiana?
        Typo, India. Fixing now, thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Indiana is where they like Tizen most

Originally posted by tidris View Post

Because according to a survey Samsung did they like Tizen best in Indiana. It appears that the US citizen in Indiana are very knowledgeable and are specifically looking to buy a Tizen phone. All those who thought your typical American hasn't really got more computer knowledge than the famous Dolly should think again.
          Also if you don't like my explanation read the article again and you have a high change of understanding where Indiana comes from.
          Easy with that German beer Michael )

Comment

I guess Samsung is introducing it to the asian market as Android is not that wanted there. Having it introduced into Asia will mean faster apps for the Tizen application market.
            The more apps they have the better they can introduce Tizen phones at the Western market.

As we Western users want an Phone with support for the applications we currently have on Android.
            Although I think Android can die better sooner then later. I have been waiting for Tizen phone for over a year now. Cant wait for it to be released in India. I will order one online ASAP.

Comment

If Samsung opens a bug tracker for Tizen it might even beat the Android bug tracker.
              Expecting many complaints and countless security exploits.

Comment

Originally posted by user82 View Post
                If Samsung opens a bug tracker for Tizen it might even beat the Android bug tracker.
                Expecting many complaints and countless security exploits.
                I'm sure phoronix used to have higher quality trolls in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
                  I'm sure phoronix used to have higher quality trolls in the past.
                  I am sure tizen is of horrible code quality. I was actually serious.

Comment

Originally posted by user82 View Post
                    I am sure tizen is of horrible code quality. I was actually serious.

Comment

Working...
                    X