Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gestures Support Of GNOME 3.14

Phoronix: The Gestures Support Of GNOME 3.14

As talked about with this morning's GTK+ 3.14 release is now multi-touch support and a gesture framework for this week's GNOME 3.14 debut. While there's still improvements to be made, it looks like the gestures support for the GNOME Shell is turning out well for the 3.14 version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: The Gestures Support Of GNOME 3.14

During the 3.15 development cycle leading up to GNOME 3.14

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc5NDE
    I think this is a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by IsacDaavid View Post
      I think this is a mistake
      Well at least now they are realizing their dream of being a tablet OS. Not like they haven't been preparing for it for years. Maybe now they can get off of the desktop and leave us to have something actually functional while they all dream of Surface Pro tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
        Well at least now they are realizing their dream of being a tablet OS. Not like they haven't been preparing for it for years. Maybe now they can get off of the desktop and leave us to have something actually functional while they all dream of Surface Pro tablets.
        Your rant is missing the point that the OP is referring to the typo about version number in the article. Also fyi touch screen laptops are quite common nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
          Your rant is missing the point that the OP is referring to the typo about version number in the article. Also fyi touch screen laptops are quite common nowadays
          The truth of the matter is, a lot of the design ideas that went into Gnome-Shell derived from Maemo 5 / Nokia N900. And quite frankly, I loved it, and have been waiting for a touch screen / tablet with Gnome-shell on it ever since it was released and so similar to Maemo 5, which I loved.

Now if only I could find a laptop that has A) a touch screen that is removable to be a separate tablet. B) have enough CPU/GPU to play games on when docked.

Unfortunately I've seen touch screen laptops with fast nVidia chips in them, but they're not detachable nor are they convertible. And for the most part I tend to think a touch screen is pointless if you have keyboard / mouse constantly attached to it.

Oops, didn't really mean to reply/quote you. It was the previous poster whining about Gnome not being useful for nomal work. I use it all the time, and understand their design decisions, it really is (at least in my opinion and use cases) the best of both worlds. It's fairly usable with just a touch screen, and good with they standard keyboard/mouse. Yet at the same time you have Windows 8.1, which is really horrible for both (it's virtual keyboard is horrific, and in desktop mode, you end up constantly going to the 'charm' menu to find things.)
          Last edited by leech; 26 September 2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X