Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylake Support Added To Intel's X.Org Driver

Phoronix: Skylake Support Added To Intel's X.Org Driver

With Intel Skylake Linux hardware enablement being worked on in steadfast by the Intel Open-Source Technology Center, earlier this month we saw the initial Skylake DRM kernel patches, earlier this week we saw the Skylake Mesa support patches, and then today we have the Intel X.Org driver getting patched for this next-generation hardware succeeding Broadwell...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Holy fuck these monsters have 3.5 billion transistors... wow. And finally we get DDR4 mainstream support, I've been waiting for that stuff. Intergrated display port, so we can expect to see 30 bit monitors going mainstream in a couple of years too. Also comes with support for sata express which is quite sexy. I am hyped for this one. Might actually be the last general purpose processor I'll ever buy if HP's machine pans out just right.

Might actually end up waiting for Canonlake though if Skylake won't have support for nvlink, I am after all planning for my next system to be skylake or better with ddr4 and an nvidia 1000 series GPU, hopefully I can get all that late 2016

Comment

Working...
    X