Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clasp: Even Common Lisp Is Coming To LLVM

Phoronix: Clasp: Even Common Lisp Is Coming To LLVM

The latest open-source project devising an LLVM back-end is a Common Lisp implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Capitalization

Thank you for not using the ancient and unused spelling of Lisp in all-caps, it is an eyesore for any modern article discussing the topic. But why did you spell Clasp with all caps? I see nowhere on his site that he ever referred to it in such a manner.

Comment

Seems like a llvm front-end, not a backend ?

Comment

Yess! I love Common Lisp, probably my overall favorite language.

I have been expecting a LLVM frontend for it to appear some day. I don't have the time to start working on one myself, but now that it exists, I will certainly consider contributing to the project. I would love for this to succeed and compete with more mature CL implementations like SBCL, CCL, or ECL.

Comment

What is next a COBOL front end to LLVM ? 😜

This actually sounds lie a great project. I never got into Lisp, all the brackets fry my brain, but I can see how this might excite some.

Comment

I wonder if it even has TCO yet. Not really worth using if it doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
              I wonder if it even has TCO yet. Not really worth using if it doesn't
              Its Total Cost of Ownership is up in the sky

Comment

Working...
              X