Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:GO For Linux Gains Better Stability, Community Server Support

Phoronix: CS:GO For Linux Gains Better Stability, Community Server Support

Valve pushed down a big update yesterday following their successful Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Linux launch last week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: CS:GO For Linux Gains Better Stability, Community Server Support

Valve pushed down a big update yesterday following their successful Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Linux launch last week...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgwMTc
    After those updates performance and stability is great (Maxed out @ GTX 570--331.38)

Comment

Typo: thbere → there

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
        After those updates performance and stability is great (Maxed out @ GTX 570--331.38)
        It seems like the update made things worse for me and probably some other users. The performance was ok (well, more than ok concerning catalyst) before the update, but afterwards I started having constant lag. I didn't change the settings so as to be able to compare between performances. Here's the link to my original thread on the game's steam community forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/616189742685793611

I'm on Debian Jessie (Testing) using Catalyst 14.6 from the debian repos (FGLRX). Is anyone else experiencing performance drops after the update?

Comment

The update seems to have messed things up for me and probably some other people. Before the update everything was pretty smooth (or at least ok, concerning the use of catalyst), but after installing it I started having constant lag. I didn't lower the settings so as to be able to make comparisons later on. Here's the link to my original thread on the csgo steam community boards: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/di...9742685793611/

I'm on a Debian Jessie (Testing) system, using Catalyst 14.6(~ga14-201-1) from the debian repositories (FGLRX).

The reply was not actually posted the first time I wrote this so I might have forgotten a few bits of it, but I believe that the important parts are included.
          Did anyone experience a similar drop in performance after the update?

Comment

not getting any better for me

The update seems to have messed things up for me and probably some other people. Before the update everything was pretty smooth (or at least ok, concerning the use of catalyst), but after installing it I started having constant lag. I didn't lower the settings so as to be able to make comparisons later on. Here's the link to my original thread on the csgo steam community boards: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/di...9742685793611/

I'm on a Debian Jessie (Testing) system, using Catalyst 14.6(~ga14-201-1) from the debian repositories (FGLRX).

The reply was not actually posted the first time (2 times*) I wrote this so I might have forgotten a few bits of it, but I believe that the important parts are included.
            Did anyone experience a similar drop in performance after the update?

Comment

One less game on my Windows 7, moved CS Go to Ubuntu. On my HD 5670 512 MB RAM Graphics card, with default settings game is laggy, every setting is set to high, when i set options to low, game is playable on 1080p. I don't notice much difference in graphics quality. Linux Gaming is getting better

Comment

Did not see any performance gain after the update, laptop that I have pushes 100fps@high on windows and external monitor (1920x1200),
                on linux I have about 30-60fps and sometimes when I turn the corner in maps, I get 2-3 sec freeze (which generally gets me killed in the game).

I'm running on optimus setup with bumblebee/primus, which surprisingly gives more performance than randr offloading.

Comment

Originally posted by kon14 View Post
                  It seems like the update made things worse for me and probably some other users. The performance was ok (well, more than ok concerning catalyst) before the update, but afterwards I started having constant lag. I didn't change the settings so as to be able to compare between performances. Here's the link to my original thread on the game's steam community forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/616189742685793611

I'm on Debian Jessie (Testing) using Catalyst 14.6 from the debian repos (FGLRX). Is anyone else experiencing performance drops after the update?
                  This kind of problem is why I switched to nvidia.

Comment

hm

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
                    Did not see any performance gain after the update, laptop that I have pushes 100fps@high on windows and external monitor (1920x1200),
                    on linux I have about 30-60fps and sometimes when I turn the corner in maps, I get 2-3 sec freeze (which generally gets me killed in the game).

I'm running on optimus setup with bumblebee/primus, which surprisingly gives more performance than randr offloading.
                    what driver you are using?

Comment

Working...
                    X