Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 7.5 X.Org Driver Enables Hawaii, Adds New PCI IDs

Phoronix: Radeon 7.5 X.Org Driver Enables Hawaii, Adds New PCI IDs

AMD's Alex Deucher released a new version of the xf86-video-ati DDX driver for X.Org Servers on Wednesday night...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi Michael!

Would you be so nice and also include the R7 260x to your tests/benchmarks from time to time (as you did recently I think)? I have severe issues with it (precisely the MSI OC edition), that causes sudden freezes while working. Sometimes the xorg server manages to recover but sometimes not.
    The cause is unclear...

I have reported it but it seems in months nobody is interested in fixing and, considering the rather low popularity of the R7 260x, I fear it will never get fixed :/

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
      Hi Michael!

Would you be so nice and also include the R7 260x to your tests/benchmarks from time to time (as you did recently I think)? I have severe issues with it (precisely the MSI OC edition), that causes sudden freezes while working. Sometimes the xorg server manages to recover but sometimes not.
      The cause is unclear...

I have reported it but it seems in months nobody is interested in fixing and, considering the rather low popularity of the R7 260x, I fear it will never get fixed :/
      I do usually include the R7 260X when I do my AMD Linux tests...
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ok, thanks! I just don't want it to be forgotten after some time :P

Comment

Working...
        X