Other Projects Participating In This Winter's Women Outreach Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Projects Participating In This Winter's Women Outreach Program

Phoronix: Other Projects Participating In This Winter's Women Outreach Program

While we've covered the X.Org Foundation's inaugural participation in the GNOME OPW women outreach program given our focus at Phoronix on the Linux graphics stack, women looking for other open-source projects to get involved with in the months ahead have a large choice for this winter OPW cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Your girlfriend's butt! <3
    OMG!

I think it is sexist to have a program which only one sex is eligible to participate in.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      OMG!

I think it is sexist to have a program which only one sex is eligible to participate in.
      Michael only pays attention of her hands touching or manipulating hardware...

It's one of those photishes ;p

Comment

I will leave this here:

Growing up with autism is a never-ending series of lessons in how people without autism expect the rest of the world to relate to them. This goes double for those who — like me — went undiagnosed…

Comment

OMG!
          Wait until you see this one

Comment

OMG!

Nice, (wrongly) claiming sexism immediately after saying something that sleazy. Doesn't really help your case does it you fckwit.

Waiting for this thread to turn into a misogynistic bitch fest. We're already off to a good start with some well thought out and intelligent comments.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              Nice, (wrongly) claiming sexism immediately after saying something that sleazy. Doesn't really help your case does it you fckwit.

Waiting for this thread to turn into a misogynistic bitch fest. We're already off to a good start with some well thought out and intelligent comments.
              I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

Jesus take the wheel...

Nice, SJW trolls have invaded both FOSS projects and Phoronix. 4Cha... Errr... Phoronix here we go...

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

I don't know that what he was saying was necessarily too mysoginistic, but I totally agree that every one of these articles about this X.Org internship thing or women in FOSS
                  have gone immediately down hill in the comments section. It's dissapointing, and I honestly wish Phoronix would just stop posting these articles, as bad as that sounds. The notion
                  that a position available only for those outside of the majority in tech is sexist is I guess debatable based solely on the definition of sexism (it's really not sexist but whatever), but
                  if you really think it's unfair compared to the infinite number of advantages one has as a male-identifying male then you're just being a dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                    That's an excellent article, and I've read it before, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Working...
                    X