Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Maui Project Switches To KDE Frameworks 5

Phoronix: The Maui Project Switches To KDE Frameworks 5

The Maui Project that's been focusing on a Wayland desktop, their own Wayland compositor, and other tasks has decided to adopt the KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome, given that a large part of the point of KF5 was to allow other people to use previously KDE-specific libraries without dragging in the whole of KDELib it's nice to see projects actually using it.

Comment

Lets hope LXQt do the same, so we have less pointless duplication of effort in the community.

Comment

Good to see project still lives. I will try out ISO in a moment.
        Sadly Arch Linux binaries are not just yet updated.

Comment

Originally posted by maslascher View Post
          Good to see project still lives. I will try out ISO in a moment.
          Sadly Arch Linux binaries are not just yet updated.
          Yeah, everything about the archwiki page screams that it isn't done yet. I tend to avoid *-git AUR packages if possible.

Nice to see they're being sensible and not reinventing the wheel. Seems like a solid choice.

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post
            Lets hope LXQt do the same, so we have less pointless duplication of effort in the community.
            AFAIK that's the plan.

Comment

That makes since, as Pier contributes a lot to KDE software.

He has been helping to port Plasma and KWin to Wayland and even documented the Wayland protocols used by various parts of KDE software. He is also the leading contributer to SDDM this year.

Also, I'm glad to see the Linux Desktop moving towards a unified platform.
              Last edited by CTown; 04 October 2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post
                They already do: http://sourceforge.net/p/lxde/mailman/message/32800428/

Cheers,
                _

Comment

Frameworks 5 appears to be a nice unifying force, maybe Gnome and Unity will have some genuine competition now.

Comment

Working...
                  X