Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State Of The X.Org Foundation In Late 2014

Phoronix: The State Of The X.Org Foundation In Late 2014

Peter Hutterer on the behalf of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors issued an update regarding their state at this year's XDC2014 Bordeaux conference...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Rejoin Xorg? Would not be better to focus on Wayland? X11 is broken and there is pretty much no chances for fix. Subject has been moved by Daniel Stone on linux.conf.au.

Comment

Originally posted by maslascher View Post
      Rejoin Xorg? Would not be better to focus on Wayland? X11 is broken and there is pretty much no chances for fix. Subject has been moved by Daniel Stone on linux.conf.au.
      Xorg foundation ! = xorg. Wayland is also part of Xorg foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        Xorg foundation ! = xorg. Wayland is also part of Xorg foundation.
        I think they should get renamed to Open Graphics Foundation or something else, then manage MESA too with the best management of both projects. And develop XXI century website and documentation, please.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          I think they should get renamed to Open Graphics Foundation or something else, then manage MESA too with the best management of both projects. And develop XXI century website and documentation, please.
          Renaming a foundation is a legal hassle not worth it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            xorg foundation does encompass mesa too.. (fwiw)

Comment

Working...
            X