Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0 A.D. Alpha 17 Quercus Advances Open-Source RTS Gaming

Phoronix: 0 A.D. Alpha 17 Quercus Advances Open-Source RTS Gaming

The seventeenth alpha release is now out for the very promising 0 A.D. open-source real time strategy game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How's the multiplayer support in this game?

Comment

Looks like some real progress. I've always been interested in this- my username is actually based on an old AoM cheat code.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
        How's the multiplayer support in this game?
        You can do multiplayer and there is an official lobby server, however the game itself runs p2p. It is playable and people play it.

Great to see a new release!

Comment

@dstaubsauger

Can you also use your own server and setup a multiplayer game over the internet without centralised or official servers?

Comment

Is AI performance issue fixed in this release? I remember than 1 year ago this game was unplayable when more units was appear on the map.

Comment

This game is coming along good, thanks to the kickstarter.

Some would say is getting as good or better than some commercial ones out there.

I wonder if this could be voted up on Steam's Greenlight or Early Access. Would like to have it there on my Steam library and would help more people to know about it

I mean there are other free games on steam so why not this one?

And maybe an early access version could be a few bucks so they can keep up the rapid dev. or repeat KSs from time to time for milestones.
              Last edited by madjr; 13 October 2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

As a non-RTS fan I have still had many fun hours playing this game - it is too additive though :-) The megalomaniac fun of surviving the initial AI onslaught and then slowly building up huge armies to march around the map and to obliterate/crush the opposition!!

Backed it on Kickstarter as well - because it is FOSS gaming done right - high production standards and a steady pace of development. Great stuff!!

Comment

if you guys want to see 0ad improve you can try to help out with the art content. Even if you dont think of yourself as an artist, perhaps you have a secret talent for animating. There are several animals that are still missing from the game because they just lack animation.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                    This game is coming along good, thanks to the kickstarter.
                    I think it was done on IndieGogo, not on Kickstarter.

Some would say is getting as good or better than some commercial ones out there.
                    It kind of feels like Age of Mythology.

I wonder if this could be voted up on Steam's Greenlight or Early Access. Would like to have it there on my Steam library and would help more people to know about it

I mean there are other free games on steam so why not this one?
                    It costs money to do that and has very limited effects – see Warsow's fail on that subject (it is greenlighted, but doesn't have any more players than if it was not greenlighted, due to the high skill level of the players and the fast-pacedness of the game).

And maybe an early access version could be a few bucks so they can keep up the rapid dev.
                    We already have an early access version – it's called the development version (SVN) which you can download and compile yourself… restricting its access would hinder development a lot, don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X