LLVMLinux Works To Make More Code Clang-Compatible With Linux 3.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVMLinux Works To Make More Code Clang-Compatible With Linux 3.18

Phoronix: LLVMLinux Works To Make More Code Clang-Compatible With Linux 3.18

On top of some separate patches to make the mainline 64-bit ARM Linux kernel closer to building under Clang, a separate pull request was sent in for the Linux 3.18 kernel that works to make other areas of the kernel's massive code-base more compatible with the LLVM/Clang compiler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So as per the LLVMLinux webpage, they have only 2 outstanding x86 patches?! I reckon by the end of next year even arm is going to be upstreamed.

Comment

On the other see of the news ....

FreeBSD has been ported to gcc 4.9.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
        So as per the LLVMLinux webpage, they have only 2 outstanding x86 patches?! I reckon by the end of next year even arm is going to be upstreamed.
        Next goal is LTO Linux?

Comment

LTO was done by different people? Unless you mean LLVM LTO?

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
            +24 patches for all platforms

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              LTO was done by different people? Unless you mean LLVM LTO?
              It wasn't done already since LTO won't work out of the box even with 3.18, but does it have some project page of it's own?

Comment

Working...
              X