Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 21 Is Looking & Working Very Well -- Best Fedora Release Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 21 Is Looking & Working Very Well -- Best Fedora Release Yet?

Phoronix: Fedora 21 Is Looking & Working Very Well -- Best Fedora Release Yet?

While we're still likely at least months out from the official release of Fedora 21, I've been running it a lot since last month's F21 Alpha release and it's been working out very well. Fedora 21 is easily shaping up to be the best Fedora release yet and the stability/saneness of the development packages is also a charming change compared to some of the more notorious Fedora releases of the past...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Fedora 21 Is Looking & Working Very Well -- Best Fedora Release Yet?

While we're still likely at least months out from the official release of Fedora 21, I've been running it a lot since last month's F21 Alpha release and it's been working out very well. Fedora 21 is easily shaping up to be the best Fedora release yet and the stability/saneness of the development packages is also a charming change compared to some of the more notorious Fedora releases of the past...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgxNTk
    I totally switched to it but has anyone tested KDE5 on it. Anyhow I don't see any improvement between yum and dnf. Maybe yum is just interface to it!

Comment

Originally posted by mmrezaie View Post
      I totally switched to it but has anyone tested KDE5 on it. Anyhow I don't see any improvement between yum and dnf. Maybe yum is just interface to it!
      If you install dnf-yum package, then yes, yum is merely an alias for compatibility (Fedora 22 will have dnf and dnf-yum by default). Otherwise dnf is a fork of yum with the internals substantially rewritten to use the libsolv library. The reason for this change is outlined

Comment

Originally posted by mmrezaie View Post
        Where are the KDE5 daily builds of Fedora? Google yields plasma5 on top of Kubuntu, so I installed it instead of Fedora.

Fedora has a shitty webpage interface (just as its new installer) for downloading daily ISOs.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Where are the KDE5 daily builds of Fedora? Google yields plasma5 on top of Kubuntu, so I installed it instead of Fedora.
          Not sure why you are having any trouble. The very first result for "plasam5 fedora" is

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            Not sure why you are having any trouble. The very first result for "plasam5 fedora" is

https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/dvratil/plasma-5/
            Other variations at

Comment

Fedora has a shitty webpage interface (just as its new installer) for downloading daily ISOs.
              When i started to use Linux several years ago Fedora installer was not that bad but since some years, it gone to the dogs....i simply gave up of that distro for that (OK, there was some other things about it that i didn't like).

Comment

I didn't find any ISOs there.

Comment

I didn't find any ISOs there.
                  It is a repository. You can install it in a live environment if you want to.

Comment

It is a repository. You can install it in a live environment if you want to.
                    I could also compile from source, or write my own version of plasma5, or build a rocket and fly to mars, if I wanted to.
                    It's typical Fedora logic, instead of doing what anyone expects (putting out ISOs), they (just like Gnome3) do something else, worse. That's why I ended up installing Kubuntu's plasma5.
                    Last edited by mark45; 16 October 2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X