Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.18-rc1 Released One Week Early With Many Changes

Phoronix: Linux 3.18-rc1 Released One Week Early With Many Changes

While Linus Torvalds initially anticipated the Linux 3.18 merge window being three weeks in length due to his Linux Foundation conference travels, he ended up managing to release Linux 3.18-rc1 after just two weeks... The release is out there now with its many changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

was drm-next merged?

Comment

gpu lockup

I get gpu lockup when trying vdpau in smplayer with my ancient mobility radeon hd 2400 (rv610).

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
        I get gpu lockup when trying vdpau in smplayer with my ancient mobility radeon hd 2400 (rv610).
        Same here, altought I also get my dick stuck in the gpu fan.

Comment

Does someone know something about the status of PRIME synchronization / vsync?

I believe (!) the flickering of old frames and stuttering will be solved with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpRnUEE4ko
          (The security camera motion blur has been fixed already I think)

Comment

Originally posted by schnelle View Post
            I suggest you report ASAP, so it can get fixed fast, before the final release of this kernel...

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
              Does someone know something about the status of PRIME synchronization / vsync?

I believe (!) the flickering of old frames and stuttering will be solved with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpRnUEE4ko
              (The security camera motion blur has been fixed already I think)
              That problem is fixed on kernel side afaik with introduction of fencing few released ago. Now people are waiting for various X drivers to support it.
              Dont know about progress on other fronts, but nvidia still havent done anything to support fencing properly.

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
                Now people are waiting for various X drivers to support it.
                Dont know about progress on other fronts, but nvidia still havent done anything to support fencing properly.
                Well, I'm using intel + radeonsi.

Is the lack of support in the xf86-video-intel driver the same reason I'm using this patch to prevent gtk flickering with dri3? https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=81551#c7

Comment

What kind of kernel is going to run on imminent new distros!?

Comment

Working...
                  X