Open-Source, Linux Support For Corsair Link Devices Slowly Materializing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source, Linux Support For Corsair Link Devices Slowly Materializing

Phoronix: Open-Source, Linux Support For Corsair Link Devices Slowly Materializing

Corsair Link comes down to a proprietary protocol for allowing Corsair products within the "Link" ecosystem to allow for a centralized, easy-to-use control panel for fans, water coolers, and more. Corsair doesn't provide any Linux support for Corsair Link, but open-source developers are filling in the gaps...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nvidia ESA

This is pretty much same as the failed Nvidia Enthusiast Systems Architecture (ESA) which failed because it was proprietary.
    Corsair Link will fail too, because its too proprietary.

Comment

Late last year I looked into writing a library to support it for my h80i, since it is a USB HID interface. Then I got mad at wireshark and threw it in the trash under the pretense "if Corsair seriously thinks I'm going to spend hours reimplementing their shit because they are so far up their own asses they won't even publish the USB descriptors they are using then fuck them".

And since then I have not bought a Corsair product, and am pretty actively avoiding them.

Really, we cannot condone or reinforce bad behavior - especially by doing the work for them - of this degree. This is Nvidia level stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
        And since then I have not bought a Corsair product, and am pretty actively avoiding them.

Really, we cannot condone or reinforce bad behavior - especially by doing the work for them - of this degree. This is Nvidia level stupid.
        I must agree..

Comment

Working...
        X