Wayland Live CD Updated With New Capabilities, A SDL2 Wayland Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland Live CD Updated With New Capabilities, A SDL2 Wayland Game

Phoronix: Wayland Live CD Updated With New Capabilities, A SDL2 Wayland Game

Rebecca Black OS, what's become the most common Linux Live CD/USB environment for showing off Wayland progress and various Wayland-related features for the Linux desktop, is out in updated form. The revised Rebecca Black OS spins offer various new features and are riding off the very latest Wayland code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In the release notes it mentions that many stuff cannot run on virtualbox even on pure software stack. Could anyone explain why.

I fucken tried stuff and i can't even get weston to start in Vbox. And what bugs me more is that i've seen videos of it running. (yes i suck i computers i know)

Comment

Benchmark of SuperTux2 on Wayland vs X (vs DirectFB/the likes if available?) and on multiple compositors / pure X please!

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        Benchmark of SuperTux2 on Wayland vs X (vs DirectFB/the likes if available?) and on multiple compositors / pure X please!
        Oh yes, that would be interesting.

Add mir into the mix to make it a flamebait post too if that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          In the release notes it mentions that many stuff cannot run on virtualbox even on pure software stack. Could anyone explain why.

I fucken tried stuff and i can't even get weston to start in Vbox. And what bugs me more is that i've seen videos of it running. (yes i suck i computers i know)
          In order to get Weston to work on VirtualBox, it has to fall back to the framebuffer backend (And that is one of the features of the WaylandLoginManager to support falling back from mode setting to Framebuffer, and not list sessions that don't support framebuffers). Enlightenment and Gnome Shell do not have framebuffer backends. Even with the VBox additions, the drivers are missing one feature, that I forget what exactly it is, but it is not a Mesa issue, as it fails even with the pixman backend on VirtualBox

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
            Not sure if SuperTux2 has a working benchmark mode off hand.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              Oh yes, that would be interesting.

Add mir into the mix to make it a flamebait post too if that's possible.
              Michael doesn't need help making flamebait posts. He does just fine on his own, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
                In order to get Weston to work on VirtualBox, it has to fall back to the framebuffer backend (And that is one of the features of the WaylandLoginManager to support falling back from mode setting to Framebuffer, and not list sessions that don't support framebuffers). Enlightenment and Gnome Shell do not have framebuffer backends. Even with the VBox additions, the drivers are missing one feature, that I forget what exactly it is, but it is not a Mesa issue, as it fails even with the pixman backend on VirtualBox
                Thanks. It was failing with various stuff i tried and i was also reading various sucsess posts. On top there was a video of a guy running weston IVI (if i remember correctly) on Vbox. I tried the same procedure and i was failing. At least someone like you confirmed that it doesn't work.

Comment

Not entirely true

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
                  This is not entirely true ... Enlightenment does have a framebuffer backend. EFL supports it via ecore_fb library, and enlightenment supports it via the wl_fb module.

Comment

Originally posted by devilhorns View Post
                    This is not entirely true ... Enlightenment does have a framebuffer backend. EFL supports it via ecore_fb library, and enlightenment supports it via the wl_fb module.
                    Sorry. It's been a while since I last tried E_WL_FORCE=fb
                    It didn't work the last time I tried a few months ago, I forget the exact error/sypthoms I got....

Comment

Working...
                    X