Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio Gains A Native Bluetooth Headset Backend

Phoronix: PulseAudio Gains A Native Bluetooth Headset Backend

PulseAudio now has a native headset backend for dealing with Bluetooth headsets...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And how will this improve my user experience? I can already use bluetooth headsets in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerhn View Post
      And how will this improve my user experience? I can already use bluetooth headsets in Linux.
      AFAIK they work with bluez 4.x but not 5.x

Comment

If it's considered native, it might be a little lighter on system load.

Comment

The A2DP profile (Stereo output only) works perfectly, but the old HSP profile was removed from BlueZ. HSP supports 1 output channel and 1 input, but very low bitrate, as is used only for voice.
          I have a headset that supports both profiles (Nokia BH-503), and the HSP is only useful for phones. In desktop systems what you want is stereo, good quality for music. It's very annoying to disable HSP everytime I use the headset in Windows

Comment

Yeah! I'm thrilled with this work. There was a double-whammy of Bluez5 dropping support and Gnome 3.14 depending on Bluez5. So my Arch system effectively cannot use bluetooth headsets at the moment. I look forward to this.

Say all the hate you want, but I think Pulseaudio is freaking awesome.

Comment

+1 patiently waiting to use my bluetooth headset with my laptop again

Comment

Originally posted by drspinderwalf View Post
                Yeah! I'm thrilled with this work. There was a double-whammy of Bluez5 dropping support and Gnome 3.14 depending on Bluez5. So my Arch system effectively cannot use bluetooth headsets at the moment. I look forward to this.

Say all the hate you want, but I think Pulseaudio is freaking awesome.
                I used to bag on PA myself but lately its been getting quite a bit of love so I might install it again on my systems as I've recently acquired a BT headset I'd like to use.

Comment

Working...
                X