Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enlightenment's New Wayland Compositor Code Is Now Functional, Supports XDG-Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment's New Wayland Compositor Code Is Now Functional, Supports XDG-Shell

Phoronix: Enlightenment's New Wayland Compositor Code Is Now Functional, Supports XDG-Shell

While Enlightenment E19 has significant Wayland improvements, it looks like E20 will be even better with regard to Wayland support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland is slowly starting to become usable, maybe next summer KDE5 on Wayland will be usable.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      Wayland is slowly starting to become usable, maybe next summer KDE5 on Wayland will be usable.
      Wayland itself seems to be pretty much solid. The problem is getting DEs and toolkits ported.

Comment

Xwayland module will hopefully get attention next.

BTW is this an improvement to the second compositor or again they wrote something new???

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

BTW is this an improvement to the second compositor or again they wrote something new???
          Hmm, why would XWayland need more special attention?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            Hmm, why would XWayland need more special attention?
            The xwayland module of enlightenment is not there yet. And devilhorns is the dev. So now that pure WL code is ready XWL should get attention i believe.

Comment

Good news

Simply every step ahead makes Wayland functional more practically with a real perspective of switching from X... Enlightemnent is much more lightweight then KDE, what is much worth of.

Comment

Improvements

This is more of an "improvement" to the compositor ... although I basically started from scratch with this one ... a lot of the code is reused from the old one and fixes done where appropriate.

Comment

Indeed

The xwayland module of enlightenment is not there yet. And devilhorns is the dev. So now that pure WL code is ready XWL should get attention i believe.
                  Yea, XWayland is one my list. I have the module here locally. Mostly working with a couple of issues left ... but I don't want to push it upstream yet until the compositor is 100%

Comment

This is great news Now it's just to wait for Nvidia's slow ass to properly implement EGL and wayland support!

And of course I'll have to wait for wacom tablet support in libinput, I can't live without that.

Comment

Working...
                    X