Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Thunder Combat Game Strikes Linux Gamers

Phoronix: War Thunder Combat Game Strikes Linux Gamers

Back in June we wrote about the War Thunder MMO game coming to Linux and today -- on the second anniversary of Steam for Linux -- the game has publicly surfaced for gamers. This war combat game is free-to-play while still being in its beta state...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not working with Radeonsi:

Code:
    ./updater
    WarThunder Updater version 1.0.1
    Looking for a new version...
    Checking game version... 
    Checking files... 100%
    Illegal instruction (core dumped)
    Arch, Mesa git from few days ago, everything else up to date (llvm3.5, xserver1.16, kernel 3.17.2).

Comment

And everyone asks himself, how to change the language to German??? cause theres no launcher to change the language setting

Update: to change language, open config.blk with the texteditor, and add this line to the very beginning of the file:

"language:t="German" "

for example for German
      Last edited by gotwig; 06 November 2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Looks great for flight simmers, downloading.

Comment

nice.

we need more mmos

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
            Not working with Radeonsi:

Code:
            ./updater
            WarThunder Updater version 1.0.1
            Looking for a new version...
            Checking game version... 
            Checking files... 100%
            Illegal instruction (core dumped)
            Arch, Mesa git from few days ago, everything else up to date (llvm3.5, xserver1.16, kernel 3.17.2).
            I'm running Arch as well, 'official' Mesa package (10.3.2-1). Game starts without any problems on my Haswell laptop (and I get around 15 FPS in the menu, haven't tried playing an actual match yet).

Comment

Originally posted by ileonte View Post
              I'm running Arch as well, 'official' Mesa package (10.3.2-1). Game starts without any problems on my Haswell laptop (and I get around 15 FPS in the menu, haven't tried playing an actual match yet).
              Heard it may be related to CPU, like it was compiled for Intel and game can't find Intel specific instruction on my AMD. Whats your cpu?

Comment

Run it in gdb (or valgrind, can't remember), find out which instruction it tried to use.

Comment

It embed openssl... compiled for ssse3 aes, probably your CPU does not have that instruction i mean ssse3

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    Run it in gdb (or valgrind, can't remember), find out which instruction it tried to use.
                    Made a ticket to support, added results from valgrind (have no idea how to read them).

Comment

Working...
                    X