Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.3.3 Has A Bunch Of Freedreno Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 10.3.3 Has A Bunch Of Freedreno Fixes

For conservative users sticking to the Mesa 10.3.x stable series until Mesa 10.4 is christened in December, the 10.3.3 release is out. While there's many fixes, an overwhelming majority of them are related to Freedreno, the reverse-engineered Qualcomm Adreno graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anybody know if these updates to mesa land in Ubuntu 14.10? I know oibafs repo, but don't want constantly updating packages, just the most current stable version...

Comment

no

Originally posted by mudig View Post
      Anybody know if these updates to mesa land in Ubuntu 14.10? I know oibafs repo, but don't want constantly updating packages, just the most current stable version...
      they never upgrade their mesa packges for non lts distros

Comment

Originally posted by mudig View Post
        if they don't land in ubuntu archives, I'd guess the linaro builds for ifc6410 would pick them up

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
          they never upgrade their mesa packges for non lts distros
          As far as I'm aware there's technically nothing against bugfix updates, which is what this is, seeing as 14.10 already has mesa 10.3. However, even 14.04 is not getting stable updates for reasons I do not know - they stopped at mesa 10.1.3, in comparison to 10.1.6 that's available.

Comment

Originally posted by ModplanMan View Post
            As far as I'm aware there's technically nothing against bugfix updates, which is what this is, seeing as 14.10 already has mesa 10.3. However, even 14.04 is not getting stable updates for reasons I do not know - they stopped at mesa 10.1.3, in comparison to 10.1.6 that's available.
            That's one of the major problems with Ubuntu. I discussed this flaw in the past with the Mesa maintainers of Ubuntu, they seemed ok with the present situation. On Non-LTS versions you don't get backports of Mesa and on the LTS you get the Mesa version of the next release backported when the next version is released. So shortly after 14.10 you can installl 14.10s Mesa version on 14.04 and so on. They also didn't care that on the release of 14.10 Mesa is pretty much outdated...
            If you really want to use Mesa for gaming e.g., you should better change your distribution or start learning on how to compile it because Ubuntu devs don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
              That's one of the major problems with Ubuntu. I discussed this flaw in the past with the Mesa maintainers of Ubuntu, they seemed ok with the present situation. On Non-LTS versions you don't get backports of Mesa and on the LTS you get the Mesa version of the next release backported when the next version is released. So shortly after 14.10 you can installl 14.10s Mesa version on 14.04 and so on. They also didn't care that on the release of 14.10 Mesa is pretty much outdated...
              If you really want to use Mesa for gaming e.g., you should better change your distribution or start learning on how to compile it because Ubuntu devs don't care.
              And then you have the xorg-edgers PPA (by ubuntu devs), unofficial PPAs (oibaf's, forks from oibaf's and so on...) and the LTE enablement stack...
              I DO agree with you, canonical's release schedule for ubuntu is a terrible thing if you want to see the progress of linux, but it's not like there are no alternatives.

Also, be careful, from what I've seen, package versioning in ubuntu is a bit different...

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                And then you have the xorg-edgers PPA (by ubuntu devs), unofficial PPAs (oibaf's, forks from oibaf's and so on...) and the LTE enablement stack...
                I DO agree with you, canonical's release schedule for ubuntu is a terrible thing if you want to see the progress of linux, but it's not like there are no alternatives.

Also, be careful, from what I've seen, package versioning in ubuntu is a bit different...
                Err, nevermind, this doesn't apply to this context, at all... :/

Comment

Working...
                X