Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce 8 Kernel Mode-Setting

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce 8 Kernel Mode-Setting

Earlier this week we shared that work on Nouveau Companion has been halted until at least the end of August and the project has been in a state of disarray due to the project's leader, Stephane Marchesin, evaluating future job opportunities -- therefore putting his non-paid Nouveau work on the back burner. Some readers have expressed concern whether Nouveau will be able to continue full-speed ahead, but today there is some good news coming out of this reverse-engineered NVIDIA camp. Nouveau's Maarten Maathuis has announced on the dri-devel mailing list that he has imported his initial kernel mode-setting code for the (NV50/G80) GeForce 8 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When I first read the headline, I thought that Nvidia had kicked off their open source strategy by surprise in order to take the wind out of AMD/ATI's sail (like the 9800GTX+). Oh well, maybe some other time

Comment

It seams to me, that halting the project is a message to RedHat/Ubuntu/Suse. "Hire us."

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        It seams to me, that halting the project is a message to RedHat/Ubuntu/Suse. "Hire us."
        They never halted it

Comment

Working...
        X