Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Game Being Redone As POSTAL: REDUX With Linux Support

Phoronix: Postal Game Being Redone As POSTAL: REDUX With Linux Support

Running With Scissors has announced that they are developing POSTAL: REDUX as a re-done version of Postal 1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder why game creators are afraid to make new games lately. All we see is prequels, sequels and remakes.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      I wonder why game creators are afraid to make new games lately. All we see is prequels, sequels and remakes.
      Everything else would drown in the neverending flood of never finished indie early access greenlight games and bad jokes like grass simulator...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Well it is a lucrative market, first you have the nostalgic market, which like the idea of playing the games of childhood but modernized at some degree. Then you have the new generation market, which have never played the game and may be interested if the game is easily accessible on today technologies (steam, xbox, ps, etc...)

Comment

I hope they take the time to implement a modern control scheme because the original postal control scheme was absolutely horrible.you have to turn the mouse to turn the character instead of the standard of having a cursor ontop of the screen showing where the character is focusing, and controlling the focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
            I hope they take the time to implement a modern control scheme because the ortrollerniginal postal control scheme was absolutely horrible.you have to turn the mouse to turn the character instead of the standard of having a cursor ontop of the screen showing where the character is focusing, and controlling the focus.
            Me to. And decent controller support for pc so we can play from the couch.

Comment

Good to know, even for windows users. I already experience sometimes serious glitches with less-than-a-decade-old games, I can't imagine with a 1997 title. The problem is then, with UE4, updated graphic assets, it will be reserved to "up-to-date" machines, and not "light" ones that are technically capable to run the original game...

Comment

Like postal3 was going to be linux right...

RWS and Unreal are both in the dumpster for me and their "linux promises" when it is released With day1 linux support... I may consider buying it when it is then on sale on steam, just so they don't get as much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
                  Like postal3 was going to be linux right... RWS and Unreal are both in the dumpster for me and their "linux promises" when it is released With day1 linux support... I may consider buying it when it is then on sale on steam, just so they don't get as much money.
                  I understand the sentiment but in the case of RWS you are being completely unfair - Postal 3 was essentially stolen from them by their publisher at the time, meaning that they could not even get the game working properly on Windows, something that resulted in them having to abandon the entire title not long after release.

Hell, even carrying on a vendetta over UT3 is absolutely pointless now, considering that the modern UT works fine on Linux and UE4 now has stellar support for the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post
                    Good to know, even for windows users. I already experience sometimes serious glitches with less-than-a-decade-old games, I can't imagine with a 1997 title. The problem is then, with UE4, updated graphic assets, it will be reserved to "up-to-date" machines, and not "light" ones that are technically capable to run the original game...
                    Well the original is so old that it shouldbe even lighter than most browser games.

We can't expect to be that low end.

It will probably feel like a different game anyway and will even get coop.

So is like asking for Mario Galaxy to be as light as the nes marios.

Anyway hope fully they will optimize even on Intel graphics which could be considered the lowest end worth supporting imo

Comment

Working...
                    X