Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Developer Resigns From The Systemd Maintainership Team

Phoronix: Debian Developer Resigns From The Systemd Maintainership Team

Just over one week ago Joey Hess resigned as a Debian developer with unhappy how the Linux distribution has evolved. This Sunday there's another resignation in the Debian camp, but it's just over maintainership of the systemd package...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Of course he is attacked by Lennart and other systemd zealots

Sorry, but for me debian community is just a bunch of 30+ old kids. I used debian 3.0 back in 2005 for some time, but fortunately I quickly cured from it.

Comment

This has to stop. It doesn't matter what your opinions on systemd are - it's not OK to attack volunteers like this. Free software is built on the work of volunteers, and personal attacks like this undermines the foundation of what we do. Jonathan Corbet's article nails it - it's not worth getting so worked up over. If you're unhappy, go do something productive about it - actually contribute code to produce something you like better.
      Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
      Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Good news.

Comment

R.I.P.
          One more killed by systemd

Comment

Um... did you guys even read the title, let alone the article itself? A bunch of trolls and haters drove off another systemd supporter (and in this case one of the package maintainers of systemd) on debian, systemd didn't kill anything, a bunch of douchebags did.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              R.I.P.
              One more killed by systemd
              This community is abomination. People like you are here. Don't you find it funny when the most technical people nearly all prefer systemd (people with proper programming experience), and the un-technical (system administrators with little programming experience) people don't? I've found a pattern. Then, you have the trolls and the bandwagoners who are against systemd either because it's funny or because they just have no idea what it's about, because if you knew anything about it you'd realize it's a LOT better than any other solution. But that's why I dipped from the Linux community, because people like you are a cancer that fills this community to the brim. Go ahead, enjoy your little sysvinit, I won't be allocating my company's time to contributing to anything to do with it or anything to do with anything GNU or Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                Um... did you guys even read the title, let alone the article itself?
                Sorry, I forgot to add "irony" tag to first part of my comment.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbohale View Post
                  Don't you find it funny when the most technical people nearly all prefer systemd (people with proper programming experience), and the un-technical (system administrators with little programming experience) people don't? I've found a pattern.
                  oh, you have ?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbohale View Post
                    Don't you find it funny when the most technical people nearly all prefer systemd (people with proper programming experience), and the un-technical (system administrators with little programming experience) people don't?
                    I follow uselessd development for some time and I noticed a lot of tasks "rewrite * as a shell script" in TODO. I started to wonder why? Doesn't this code work? No, it works fine. Maybe system admins preffer shell scripts because they feal more comfortable in fixing these (C is not simple language). But how many system admins fix shell scripts that are packaged?

Comment

Working...
                    X