No announcement yet.

Mesa 10.5-devel Brings Some Intel Haswell HD Graphics Changes Over Mesa 10.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 10.5-devel Brings Some Intel Haswell HD Graphics Changes Over Mesa 10.3

Phoronix: Mesa 10.5-devel Brings Some Intel Haswell HD Graphics Changes Over Mesa 10.3

With Mesa 10.4 having recently been branched and Mesa 10.5-devel now the version for Mesa Git master, here's some benchmarks comparing the performance of the latest Git code compared to Mesa 10.3.0 as shipped in Ubuntu 14.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would it be possible for you to use PTS to track down one of the regressions? It would probably make for an interesting article and bug report

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Mesa 10.5-devel Brings Some Intel Haswell HD Graphics Changes Over Mesa 10.3

With Mesa 10.4 having recently been branched and Mesa 10.5-devel now the version for Mesa Git master, here's some benchmarks comparing the performance of the latest Git code compared to Mesa 10.3.0 as shipped in Ubuntu 14.10.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=21171

No Gallium Nine compatibility patch yet? Don't bother write about Intel HD any more, you pain my mouse wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
        No Gallium Nine compatibility patch yet? Don't bother write about Intel HD any more, you pain my mouse wheel.
        there is a lot of people who use intel hd, actually much more than gallium nine users
        Last edited by davidbepo; 24 November 2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
          there is a lot of people who use intel hd, actually much more than gallium nine users

Since they are people that they don't use it for games, those benchmarks are not interesting to them. We gamers that we play D3D games (there isn't any other kind), we not interesting as well. So we don't disagree there.

Comment

I think you should try to convince wine devs first that nine approach is right, wine devs remain unconvinced even today

Some mesa devs tried, but no I afraid that is the case , some games are faster - yes, but some others are slower... And that *faster* is not on all chips probably only on some of them and seems like because of unknown reason yet... let say in the end nine devs would succeed to make that ALL d3d9 games runs with optimal steady performance across the various chips - it would be probably the same perf as to what wine has now
            Last edited by dungeon; 25 November 2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Since they are people that they don't use it for games, those benchmarks are not interesting to them. We gamers that we play D3D games (there isn't any other kind), we not interesting as well. So we don't disagree there.
              Talking about yourself in plural is silly. You do not represent the Linux gaming community by far. Now go be a troll in some other part of the Internet instead

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                Talking about yourself in plural is silly. You do not represent the Linux gaming community by far. Now go be a troll in some other part of the Internet instead

Troll??? Some intelligence you have. You don't even have the basic technical knowledge for this discussion. I represent gamers that dislike closed OS and software but they like the latest visual experience. We don't control this latest experience they do, so we have to control it if we want to succeed. The reason that i like Nine over WineGLSL is that it only takes 1/10 of the development time wile you can base your work on the free OGL state trackers. Then all the rest about speed.

Comment

we play D3D games (there isn't any other kind)
                  And yet there are hundreds of native games (OpenGL) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                    And yet there are hundreds of native games (OpenGL) as well.

Naive to the end of time (no personal disrespect here)! Do you think that the big ones will support Linux by their own will and lose their monopoly and their DRM that cannot be supported here? Don't you even know that those people have shares everywhere (MS holders to graphics engine company, Intel holders to ARM, some to game companies and goes on). Don't you know that all the latest MMO are D3D and AAA games that have OGL renderer on consoles they don't on PC? We all know what Linux must have to succeed in user level versus closed source and that is: a)D3D, b)Standards for easy usage.

Comment

Working...
                    X