Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google's Go 1.5 To Feature Many Improvements

Phoronix: Google's Go 1.5 To Feature Many Improvements

The updates due for Google's Go 1.5 programming language implementation are aplenty and should better position this promising language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think Go support will end up being added into Android pretty soon, and they'll start recommending apps switch away from Java.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      I think Go support will end up being added into Android pretty soon, and they'll start recommending apps switch away from Java.
      Cool, it'd not cost much more than a wrapper for the NDK. I can write Go, so that would be a great help to me, I always wanted to build an app but I hate Java's syntax. There are of course alternatives, but it turns out the best supported things are Webview and the like. I just installed Intel Crosswalk to see if I can use it with Polymer and Dart to make an Android app, though I have not yet installed the Android SDK. Any recommendation?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        I'd like to see this, but at Google I/O this year, they said that Java would stay the primary Android language.

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
          I'd like to see this, but at Google I/O this year, they said that Java would stay the primary Android language.
          Yeah, I guess so. They have the new ART anyway. If they're planning to make Go primary ART would certainly not come out.

Comment

It's more likely that they are positioning Go to be the recommended language for writing native apps like games. When the ARM64 port is completed, you should also be able to write iOS apps using Go, so you won't necessarily have to lock your game or whatever to Android.

Comment

Working...
            X