Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 26 Stable Now Available For Linux

Phoronix: Opera 26 Stable Now Available For Linux

The latest stable release of the Opera web-browser is now available and it includes an updated Linux build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally! thanks for the update.

Comment

Beware this is proprietary software

Beware this is proprietary software!

Basically a rebranded fork of Chromium.

If you want the real deal, just get Chromium.

Comment

I still remember the days when Opera was cool and had great usability-features
        RIP Opera 12

PS: that being said, Op26 is still the most usable of the so-called "modern" browsers - sadly.

Comment

Well it's good to see upgraded support for Linux.

It's interesting how Opera developers still have incentive to keep chipping away at, despite only owning 0.88% of the web browser market as of Nov 2014.

Link

I might have to try it.

Comment

The fact that Opera is actually supposed to have decent HDPI support under Linux is reason enough for me to give it a shot again. Chromium on my HDPI laptop is pretty awful...

Comment

Originally posted by huyderman View Post
              The fact that Opera is actually supposed to have decent HDPI support under Linux is reason enough for me to give it a shot again. Chromium on my HDPI laptop is pretty awful...
              Chromium on HIDPI is fine on my laptop (MS Surface Pro 3 w/ 2160x1440 resolution running Antergos (Arch based distro)). Opera 25 beta was the one looking awful for me on HiDPI, maybe 26 changed that. Will see. Currently using Yandex.Browser which looks great on HiDPI as well.

Comment

Eh, who needs Opera as a Chromium skin. I've been using this new browser exclusively for about a month now, and I find it's pretty nice

Comment

I certainly hope these new browser projects inspired by the older versions of Opera bring about a new incarnation of the browser that used to be the best. The new versions after the move to the Chromium base are terrible.

Comment

Yeah, that's good, when you go to the Opera website, I get a .deb package. That would be good, until you think about not using Debian or Ubuntu (say, all RHEL/CentOS/Fedora users, Arch/manjaro users, Slackware users, Gentooists, and all the remaining "Linux" world).

I just installed the 26 beta from AUR one week ago. It's pretty close from Firefox on rendering, launching a bit better. I just wanted to use it as a testing browser (for websites rendering), I may give a more thorough look at it.

Comment

Working...
                    X