Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCZ Vector 150 SSD On Linux

Phoronix: OCZ Vector 150 SSD On Linux

The latest solid-state drive being tested at Phoronix is the 120GB OCZ Vector 150. This solid-state drive is quite affordable but has been reviewed favorably by Windows users, so we figured we'd see how well it works when adding it to one of the constantly-running Linux benchmark systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It actually is hard for ocz not to support linux, because their ssd toolbox is just a simple linux distribution.
    I use the firmware updater of their toolbox to update ocz's in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
      It actually is hard for ocz not to support linux, because their ssd toolbox is just a simple linux distribution.
      I use the firmware updater of their toolbox to update ocz's in the field.
      Not necessarily. Kaspersky Labs has a linux client for antivirus scans, but, it pretty much only scans for Windows-based problems. Several motherboards out there have a web browser stored in the CMOS chip, for quick boot access to the internet. I'm sure these are based on linux, but very often it is done by companies like Gigabyte which historically has intentionally neglectful linux support.

Linux is used by many companies that don't give a crap about it, because they can disguise it enough to make it seem like it's in-house software.

Comment

Working...
      X