Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Ubuntu Tablet Inspired By The Ubuntu Edge Is Coming

Phoronix: An Ubuntu Tablet Inspired By The Ubuntu Edge Is Coming

Another week, another Ubuntu Tablet news item... This time there's an unheard of company that's looking to deliver an Ubuntu Tablet inspired by Canonical's failed Ubuntu Edge smartphone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks interesting, it got stylus and 2 full size usb ports one otg and second extra charged. I wonder how much it gonna cost, especially that Microsoft is pushing aggressively 150$ and 100$ Windows 8.1 tablets. Glad to see that it's Intel CPU, for Flash's sake and big amount of x86 working apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Riotta View Post
      Looks interesting, it got stylus and 2 full size usb ports one otg and second extra charged. I wonder how much it gonna cost, especially that Microsoft is pushing aggressively 150$ and 100$ Windows 8.1 tablets. Glad to see that it's Intel CPU, for Flash's sake and big amount of x86 working apps.
      My guess is that it will be a bit more. Windows on low-end tablets is almost free to the manufacturer. These sub $200 8" Windows tablets like the Toshiba Encore and the Dell Venue gnerally have poor screens, dual or quad core Atom CPUs, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, etc. This unit seems a bit better with an HD IPS screen, 4 GB RAM, 2 full USB ports, 64 GB storage. I expect the price to be a bit more... Maybe along the prices of one of the iPad Air 2 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S models.

Comment

The 8.9" one sounds interesting but I hope it won't be a square thing. I want to be able to grasp it with a sngle hand.

Comment

Why are they using full sized USB ports? The thickness looks horrendous.

Comment

I think I would rather have a Gnome 3 tablet.

Comment

It looks a lot like a thicker Surface.

The difference is that the Surface looks gorgeous and has a nice screen, while this...urm.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Why are they using full sized USB ports? The thickness looks horrendous.
                Because is inspired on the edge in what probably will become a convergent device.

Is better than having just a single otg port imo

Will bw cool to see the preview devices

Maybe the second gen will have dockports ( if that become mainstream)

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                  Is better than having just a single otg port imo
                  They could use two micro USB 3 ports.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    They could use two micro USB 3 ports.
                    And force every user to buy adapters to attach their usb sticks.

Comment

Working...
                    X