Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs Of Other High Profile Games Coming To Linux

Phoronix: Signs Of Other High Profile Games Coming To Linux

Besides today's exciting news for Linux gamers that it looks like BioShock Infinite is being ported to Linux, there's also several other interesting Steam game updates indicating Linux porting activity...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, Sega has a bundle going now.

And about feral what they mentioned:

Feral Interactive also posted to its Tumblr a number of days ago, "A clue for what?s in the works at the Source Factory..." That was a caption to a picture of a penguin. Feral Interactive has worked on Linux/OSX ports for GRID 2 Reloaded, SHOGUN 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, and other titles.
    Does that mean those games like grid2, tomb raider, etc are getting ported?

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post

And about feral what they mentioned:

Does that mean those games like grid2, tomb raider, etc are getting ported?
      I think it means that those were just ported to Mac.

Comment

"(Clue: genus and species.)"

Aptenodytes forsteri? I don't get it...
        Unless they mean the English names, in which case it would mean Empire being ported to Linux.
        Last edited by GreatEmerald; 05 December 2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Hopefully the PES2015 rumor is true. From what I've heard and read, PES2015 is the best PES since the series' glory days. If this happens, i will almost certainly buy it.

Comment

Bring me Skyrim for Linux. Make it so!

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              I think Wine w/ CMST and Crossover runs that game well enough already.

I think porting efforts should be made for existing DirectX 10/11 class games and future games. Wine can handle most of the older stuff. But yeah, 2K just confirmed Linux support for Bioshock on their Twitter account.

Comment

happy hacking

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                Grab OpenMW (http://www.openmw.org) and start hacking. The engine already supports most of the stuff you'll need for Skyrim/Oblivion, just needs to have the object and texture definitions updated. Most of the data formats between Elder Scrolls games remain very similar. It's all been reverse engineered and documented by modders putting assets from Morrowind and Oblivion into Skyrim.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                  And not a single game for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                    And not a single game for Linux.
                    by this article, some of those games are being ported.

Comment

Working...
                    X