Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS On Linux 3.19 To Support Faster Boot Times

Phoronix: F2FS On Linux 3.19 To Support Faster Boot Times

The Flash-Friendly File-System (F2FS) will see another round of improvements with the now in-development Linux 3.19 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it preferable now to use F2FS on SSDs instead of ext4?

Comment

Rather BTRFS and ZFS optimizations for SSD instead.

I would rather like to see BTRFS and ZFS optimizations for SSD, including persistand transparent encryption etc.

I don't see a point of using separate file system just for SSD and one can use SSDs for intent logs and cache for ZFS and that's it.
      (Don't know how BTFS uses SSD for speedups, since I am on ZFS since 2009).
      Last edited by Markore; 10 December 2014, 11:46 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Is it still developed by Samsung, or they stopped working on it? What happened to the plan to produce the Windows driver?

Comment

I will see some test on phoronix of the fastboot option and maybe some other tuning options against ext4 maybe with journal_checksum,journal_async_commit with improves ext4.

Comment

fastboot option

Is there any reason NOT to use the fastboot option?

Comment

Originally posted by jpuhr View Post
              Is there any reason NOT to use the fastboot option?
              Commit message says it costs runtime perf.

Comment

Working...
              X