Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-Way Winter 2014 Linux Distribution Comparison

Phoronix: 6-Way Winter 2014 Linux Distribution Comparison

With this week's launch of Fedora 21, here's a performance comparison of the new Fedora Linux release compared to the Arch-based Antergos rolling-release distribution, Debian GNU/Linux Jessie, openSUSE Tumbleweed, CentOS Linux 7, and Ubuntu 14.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nice, Arch ownage.

Comment

Originally posted by marceel View Post
      nice, Arch ownage.
      Because leading in 4 out of 18 tests is "ownage"? By that kind of measure, how do you reconcile Ubuntu's 6 out of 18 performance?

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        Because leading in 4 out of 18 tests is "ownage"? By that kind of measure, how do you reconcile Ubuntu's 6 out of 18 performance?

No that does not count! because I'm an Arch Fan!

Anyway Happy to see Arch doing well in those, It's my primary OS.

Comment

Originally posted by hadi View Post
          No that does not count! because I'm an Arch Fan!

Anyway Happy to see Arch doing well in those, It's my primary OS.
          Haha - as long as you've got good reasoning...

Comment

Every distribution was at least once slowest or at least one fastest, so there is no clear winner

Winner for me is OpenSUSE , because it has much more slowest cases then any other has been fast and it is not even tested in all cases
            Last edited by dungeon; 10 December 2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Arch is just unpatched upstream software. There's nothing about it that would make it inherently faster, except maybe being more up-to-date, most of the time. It makes Arch a good reference point though.

Comment

Working...
              X