Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.33 Has DirectWrite & Direct3D Changes

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.33 Has DirectWrite & Direct3D Changes

The last bi-weekly Wine development release before Christmas is now out...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am not sure why you bring the lack of CSMT every time, since we know it would not come in a minor release anyway.
    It'd probably be the same for nine, if they were willing to take it.

Comment

I think one of Wine devs on here told me that not much more work will be done on implementing Direct3D 10 until they change the Wined3d codebase and architecture to be more similar to that of DirectX 10/11.

I also doubt we'll see any work done implementing Direct3D 11 until the Mesa driver stack catches up to OpenGL 4.x specs, otherwise Wine developers would be developing a Direct3D 11 to OpenGL 3.x translator, which would be inefficient and probably require alot of extra coding effort because OpenGL 3.x doesn't have built-in APIs that match and compare well against Direct3D 11, whereas OGL 4.x has features, such as tessellation and direct state access, that better mirrors that of Direct3D 11.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        since we know it would not come in a minor release anyway
        Why not? It has to appear in the beta before it can roll out to 1.8. This is the point of having a beta and testing. According to WineHQ 1.8 will come when CSMT is ready and stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
          I also doubt we'll see any work done implementing Direct3D 11 until the Mesa driver stack catches up to OpenGL 4.x specs, otherwise Wine developers would be developing a Direct3D 11 to OpenGL 3.x translator, which would be inefficient and probably require alot of extra coding effort because OpenGL 3.x doesn't have built-in APIs that match and compare well against Direct3D 11, whereas OGL 4.x has features, such as tessellation and direct state access, that better mirrors that of Direct3D 11.
          it is not like wine uses mesa for development. they use nvidia and that means blob. and as soon as someone will require gl4, mesa support will come

Comment

OT, anyone knows when final release of MESA 10.4 will be out ?
            IIRC, MESA 10.4 will demand a new way to patch WINE to use Gallium3D Nine...not that i ever patched WINE to use it but i want to do so and please , don't talk to me about PPAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil Velikov, Thu Dec 4
              A quick look at my local piglit runs, shows that the classic swrast has
              a staggering number of regressions ~130 and only ~20 fixes. These stats
              come from the 10.4 branch wrt mesa 10.3.4.

So with those in mind I'm thinking about delaying the 10.4.0 release
              until mid/late next week, roughly by that time this series [2] should
              have landed addressing at least some of the issues.
              So probably not until this is fixed, because "late next week" ends with tomorrow.

Comment

this wine version remains very similar to 1.7.32 and steam still works

Comment

Working...
                X