Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautilus Ported To New GTK Widgets For GNOME 3.16

Phoronix: Nautilus Ported To New GTK Widgets For GNOME 3.16

GNOME's file manager, Nautilus, is seeing some much needed love for the GNOME 3.15 development cycle ahead of GNOME 3.16 next March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like what I'm seeing for Nautilus.

Comment

I like Nautilus too, but they need to bring back the bottom status bar (or is there an extension for that?).

Comment

Simple

Simplifying everything is great, but the two fold key is to add extensability to the basic functionality.

Extensions.Gnome.org is the most compelling reason to use Gnome, if they could employ the same extensability in Nautilus it would be a home-run hit.

Nautilus + Split Screen / File Color Hilighting / FTP / etc...

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          Simplifying everything is great, but the two fold key is to add extensability to the basic functionality.

Extensions.Gnome.org is the most compelling reason to use Gnome, if they could employ the same extensability in Nautilus it would be a home-run hit.

Nautilus + Split Screen / File Color Hilighting / FTP / etc...
          The extensability of gnome-shell comes from js.
          This would happen if nautilus acquired some js engine, or was rewritten in js.

Otherwise people are stuck with C plugins for nautilus.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
            The extensability of gnome-shell comes from js.
            This would happen if nautilus acquired some js engine, or was rewritten in js.

Otherwise people are stuck with C plugins for nautilus.
            Because it is truly impossible to extend functionality in C.

Comment

When is it going to be simple enough to add the split window back?

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
                I like Nautilus too, but they need to bring back the bottom status bar (or is there an extension for that?).
                It's called Nemo.

Comment

Extensions

The developer talks a little about new extensions api on the post's botton.

So, Finally I have all working and change as per the mockup in  The positioning and size of icons are also changed to  and  Pictures So, how much change is it? The main patch touch 24 files, a clea…

Comment

Extensions

There is something about new extensions api here.

So, Finally I have all working and change as per the mockup in  The positioning and size of icons are also changed to  and  Pictures So, how much change is it? The main patch touch 24 files, a clea…

Comment

Working...
                    X