Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFTables 0.4 Released As Eventual IPTables Successor

Phoronix: NFTables 0.4 Released As Eventual IPTables Successor

Work is still underway in a steadfast manner for NFTables as an eventual replacement to IPTables for packet filtering on Linux. Released today was NFTables v0.4 with functionality offered as of the Linux 3.18 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I opted to use NFTables over IPTables in my website's server (since I knew neither and learning IPTables sounds like a waste of time). It worked quite well for the simple filtering tasks I had.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on this project and linking to a site that explains how it differs from current solution.

Comment

Finally a better Linux firewall.

Comment

ipfwadm, ipchains, iptables, nftables.... When will it stop?

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
            ipfwadm, ipchains, iptables, nftables.... When will it stop?
            Well, if it's even possible to stop somewhere, nftables would be it. Do a bit of reading, iptables is fundamentally incorrectly designed, you pretty much have to design a full replacement to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Well, if it's even possible to stop somewhere, nftables would be it. Do a bit of reading, iptables is fundamentally incorrectly designed, you pretty much have to design a full replacement to fix it
              It seems like the "correct" design resulted in lower performance - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...=BPFILTER-2021

Comment

Working...
              X