Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP To Launch Linux++ Operating System Next Year

Phoronix: HP To Launch Linux++ Operating System Next Year

Hewlett Packard is going to introduce their "revolutionary" new operating system next summer that's dubbed Linux++...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Whole OS designed for vapor hardware. I guess if you are a big corporation its okay.

Comment

That video reminded me a lot of the Jabberwocky presentation from "Better off Ted":
      Extrait de Better Off Ted, Jabberwocky Project.Ou l'art de faire une présentation Power Point sans avoir rien à présenter.

A whole lot of fun words, and not a lot of substance (until the end, anyways).

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is going to happen, HP has been working on Memristors for about 5 years publicly now.

Comment

I sure hope it does, I was just poking some fun at the video. It seems like a promising technology, after reading more about the physics of it.

Comment

Yawn

Another company who fundamentally "reinvents" something, with the obligatory "quantum leap". It always makes me laugh that they obviously don't understand that a quantum leap is the tiniest leap possible.

Comment

I saw new possibilities for:
              financial scam mechanisms like high frequency trading
              handling even more personal data for harvesting and processing real-time

Or is it just me...

Comment

Are we sure?

It is just me or the revolutionary OS is Carbon and Linux++ is only a platform who simulates the environment Carbon will bring?

Comment

I bet Linus will sue them for the name...

Comment

HP CTO: We need to make a grande entrance and capitalize on existing brands with this new computer thing. What should we name our product to convey that?
                    HP Slave: I know what if we call it the HP OS
                    HP CTO: No that just sounds boring and once we kill of.... I mean upgrade users to Carbon we'll have used that glorius name.
                    HP Slave: Well Linux is a buzz word lately that everyone seems to take seriously & talk about
                    HP CTO: Perfect, but how do we capitalize on our superiority over our competition?
                    HP Slave: Well, I just learned that ++ means next generation or or +1 in that C++ is the next version of C
                    HP CTO: Perfect, we'll call it Linux++! We're Geniuses and Super Smart! It's a sure way to make lots and lots of money!

Comment

Working...
                    X