Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 2.99.917 X.Org Driver Released, 3.0 Release Finally Near

Phoronix: Intel 2.99.917 X.Org Driver Released, 3.0 Release Finally Near

The Intel X.Org driver (xf86-video-intel 3.0) driver has been in pre-release form since September 2013 and now after having gone through many development revisions, xf86-video-intel 3.0 might be on final approach...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does that mean dri3 is still disabled by default and will not be enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
      Does that mean dri3 is still disabled by default and will not be enabled?
      When you read patch comment which disable it, it will not be enabled so soon - translate that to > completely broken

Disable DRI3 by default
      The external libraries, both in git, and especially shipping already enabled in distributions, are buggy and lead to server crashes and lockups. Caveat emptor.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        When you read patch comment which disable it, it will not be enabled so soon - translate that to > completely broken
        I've been using it anyway for a while now. It sometimes has graphical problems, but mostly it's working right.

One reason: intel + radeon prime with the nine d3d9 state tracker requires the use of dri3 and I believe currently they only support dri3 anyway.

Biggest problem is actually https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=76367

Comment

I'm running git tree of xf86-video-intel for like a year or so and every bug I found he fixed within hours of my bugzilla report. Whatever Intel is paying him, it isn't enough.
          Hatts off, mr. cwilson is awesome.

Happy christmas holidays everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X