Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlaneShift 0.6.3 Open-Source MMORPG Released

Phoronix: PlaneShift 0.6.3 Open-Sourece MMORPG Released

PlaneShift 0.6.3 has been released in time for Christmas for those pure open-source gamers wishing to engage with this community-based, open-source massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I prefer single player RPGs, especially Japanese RPGs which I love. Character customizations such as gender, changing stats, etc. are not my thing and when I played Neverwinter Nights a couple of years ago, I tried looking for monsters after I killed them and they don't respawn when it comes to level grinding.

Comment

PlaneShift frankly looks more like plain shit if you are concerned about graphics and polish to the game.
      Wow.... just... wow.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        Wow.... just... wow.
        You should notice that the title of the post says open Sourece...

And today is xmas so not a good combo writing+ alcohol

Comment

Lets introduce new policy where only people paying premium are able to see quality newsposts like that. Sounds fair.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
            Lets introduce new policy where only people paying premium are able to see quality newsposts like that. Sounds fair.
            If it's a premium feature they should be the ones who get the filter, so I guess you will keep reading plain shit like this
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Michael you are slowly realizing that open source sucks outside some specific (technical, not artistic) programs. Welcome to the real world

Comment

Okay, so the game is lacking in the shadow department, but calling it shit is assholish in my book.

Really, Michael, what are you expecting from an open source game that isn't even finished yet?

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                  You should notice that the title of the post says open Sourece...
                  Oh I don't even think about typos anymore, there are too common for me to stop and think about them.
                  Maybe you're onto something though.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
                    Michael you are slowly realizing that open source sucks outside some specific (technical, not artistic) programs. Welcome to the real world
                    Planeshift has dated graphics, that is a common issue with foss games. The sad truth is that it is hard to get artists contrubute for free. And if you want good art you'll have to pay for it, period.

Given that this is a hobbyist project, done by people in their spare time, it is actually quite impressive. Of course they wont be able to compete with commercial games having multibillion budgets. Expecting that is rather silly.

Comment

Working...
                    X