Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD Ports 2015Q1 To Bring Many Changes

Phoronix: FreeBSD Ports 2015Q1 To Bring Many Changes

The 2015Q1 quarterly snapshot for FreeBSD Ports was branched today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: FreeBSD Ports 2015Q1 To Bring Many Changes
    I read this as FreeBSD Ports Brings Climate Changes... and was like what the.... then I read it again.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
      I read this as FreeBSD Ports Brings Climate Changes... and was like what the.... then I read it again.
      If you think about it, FreeBSD ports does indirectly contribute to climate change. A machine running FreeBSD uses much more power then something like Linux and as you run more applications (more ports) on there, the power usage rises exponentially. Also, BSDs (in general) are rather heavy and out-grown CPU advances. Thus one needs a new machine (if he doesn't care if there are no drivers) to run any BSD properly which prevents recycling and thus cause pollution to the environment.

Comment

Perfect example of someone talking out of their ass. FreeBSD is a lot lighter than any Linux distro, period. I can't even play downloaded youtube videos with Linux on my Thinkpad T41, it's nto even close, but FreeBSD plays videos just fine on it.
        Originally posted by jake_lesser View Post
        If you think about it, FreeBSD ports does indirectly contribute to climate change. A machine running FreeBSD uses much more power then something like Linux and as you run more applications (more ports) on there, the power usage rises exponentially. Also, BSDs (in general) are rather heavy and out-grown CPU advances. Thus one needs a new machine (if he doesn't care if there are no drivers) to run any BSD properly which prevents recycling and thus cause pollution to the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_lesser View Post
          Way to start off the new year! This post is funny and and based on facts. +1 kudos to you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Walking Glitch View Post
            Perfect example of someone talking out of their ass. FreeBSD is a lot lighter than any Linux distro, period. I can't even play downloaded youtube videos with Linux on my Thinkpad T41, it's nto even close, but FreeBSD plays videos just fine on it.
            LOL keep drinking that kool-aid, you sound like a Windows fanboi.

Comment

Windwos fanboi
              gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
              EDIT: Why the fuck does this forum not keep formatting?
              Last edited by The Walking Glitch; 01 January 2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
                Too many Linux retards on here.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
                  Too many Linux retards on here.
                  Every OS got those. But there is also always someone fedding them

Comment

?

Originally posted by The Walking Glitch View Post
                    i have a sony intel atom single core and i can play videos in youtube, with windows 7, ubuntu and others, maybe the problem is you

Comment

Working...
                    X